View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #78
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
At the very least, use something with "genetic
I always assumed 90's Game! Shredder was purple was to both convey a majestic image and the fact his 87 animated design had too much gray which could clash against the gray backgrounds within the Technodrome stages, which is where you usually fight him.
That sounds about right. Lots of old school games had eye popping sprites to differentiate characters from the backgrounds.

I've been coding an artificial intelligence for my Krang character so that he'll have a few attack patterns and won't be a complete punching bag when controlled by the CPU. Have a look:

On the Shredder front:
-Re-scaled Shredder so that he's closer to the Turtles in height.

-I also sprited a new dashing frame and a new winpose based off of NES Tournament Fighters.

-I've also coded a new attack based on one of those Steel and Bone techniques from Ninja Gaiden.

Shredder lunges towards the opponent, if he hits, he plunges his sword into their middle then rips it out. If the opponent blocks the attack Shredder is put into a special penalty state where he's stunned for a bit and the opponent can counter.
-I'll do 2 other variations with different animations & moveproperties so that each button strength has variety.

dcat is offline   Reply With Quote