View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 02:16 PM   #50
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm personally hoping Slade Wilson isn't the single antagonist of the film. Maybe work in some Jason Todd or Court of Owls...
The Court of Owls would make for a fine Batman movie plot, and would help define the city and Bruce better than they were in BvS.

Jason Todd, sure... but I feel that introducing Tim Drake is the best way to help get the DCEU on track. If the DC Films bosses really do want to lighten things up, do a little tonal de-Snydering and are address Batman's excessively violent actions in BvS, that's where I'd start. We know that Jason Todd is dead already, and since then Batman has become increasingly isolated, violent, and cynical. That's where Tim arrived in the comics, having figured out Batman's secret identity and realizing that he needs a Robin to ground him and keep him from growing too dark. It's the perfect way to fix that divisive/controversial tone issue and make it seem like it was the plan all along. (And Tim's "my" Robin, so y'know, I'm invested there...)

Introduce Nightwing while you're at it. Batman gets a new Robin and tries to repair his fractured family. Work some Jason Todd flashbacks in there... And next time, go full comic book with Ra's and Talia Al Ghul and the Lazarus Pit. Red Hood would make a hell of a sequel.