View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 03:40 PM   #67
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
What is it now, they just pushed him into a Lazarus Pit? Just curious.

One thing I really liked during the "Jason is f*cking DEAD and he's never coming back" era, was they went out of their way to prove it. They did a story once where in a flashback to shortly after Jason died, Alfred (I think) wondered out loud if that was possible, to resurrect Jason in a Lazarus Pit, and Bruce showed him Jason's corpse, which was ALL kinds'a f*cked up by the bomb and the fact that his body wasn't taken care of properly since they were in Ethiopia and Jason's corpse had already horribly decomposed, plus he would have had irreversable brain damage from the crowbar to the skull, so they were pretty much beating the point home, "He's TOO DEAD to even use the Lazarus Pit. Okay? Get it? HE'S NEVER COMING BACK. Swear to GOD, he's dead, we promise."

That's a big reason why he never should have come back, they covered ALL the bases to make sure it was impossible, then they did it anyway. That's the WORST part of the Superboy Prime Punch resurrection: It wasn't bad because it was dumb, it was bad because it was a blatant cheat to bring back a character nobody wanted back, and that they had gone to great lengths to show COULDN'T be brought back under any circumstances anyway.

But see, it originally wasn't supposed to be the real Jason, just an alternate-Earth one that slipped through the cracks in the build-up to Infinite Crisis. That was supposed to be the big reveal, that the "real" Jason was still dead, but that there was all kinds of shenanigans going on on account of Alex Luthor's tinkering with parallel Earths, and the Red Hood Jason was just a doppelganger. Should've kept it that way. F*ckin' Judd Winick.

There was a time, briefly, where I believed they were gonna do the Big Story that finally justified bringing Jason back. They never did, so f*ck that guy. I don't care HOW they say he came back to life, that's just plain Epic Fail, and f*ck 'em in the ear for tryin'.
Wow, I didn't know half of that! Pretty cool stuff!