View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 08:36 AM   #25
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80gmrp View Post
My personal opinion is somewhere in between AquaParade and rickwj324. It’s not my favorite era of TMNT (that’s reserved for 2003), but it’s still up there by a landslide. I myself found myself a bit emotional when I rewatched “It Came from the Depths” the other day, which I mean in a good way.

Though, if there’s one thing I agree with Vegita-San over, it’s that we have too many reboots at this point.
I agree with ya.. both shows are really good. The 2k3 show is quite good and if I had watched it when it aired (prior to seeing the 2k12 show) I probably would place it higher than I do, but for me (and my son) the 2k12 show is just so awesome!

As for reboots, I would've preferred the 2k12 show to continue (even if it reverted to a cheaper 2D version to save on animation but still continue the stories of the 2k12 show and using the same actors). I've been very vocal about my hatred towards "Rise". I know it has it's fanbase (which I respect) but man do I have a tough time sitting through that show. My 6 year old watches it, but even he says its nowhere near as good as the 2k12 or 2k3 shows. I admit that I do collect the figures from RISE though, just because I love collecting TMNT figures and RISE has a nice selection of villain figures so far.

I do hope that the next reboot offers something totally different then what we got from RISE. I'd honestly love to see something resembling the IDW series (understanding it would be toned down for the kiddies a bit, but not as "kiddy" as RISE. 2K12 had a great balance of adult stories that were also kid friendly).

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote