Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 05:19 PM   #612
Slime State Alumni
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
At the end of the day, Andrew's point is that a fan of the Fred Wolf cartoon may have no love for the darker tone of the Mirage books and vis versa.

So, if you love the Fred Wolf stuff, like Bebop & Rocksteady, and your buddy tells you "dude, this new tmnt movie is super dreary. There's no pizza, no Krang, and Rat King is in the movie but he doesn't even fight the turtles. Plus the turtles are like 30 years old"...well that could be one man's trash and another man's treasure.
Myself and my friend both agree that each iteration has it's strengths and weaknesses, and we definitely disagree on some things. For example, I thought Rise was a nice change of pace and the animation is above and beyond anything in the contemporary market. He, like many dromers, hates it and I understand why. It's a shame too because Andy deserves way more credit than he gets. That guy is one of the hardest working creatives in the industry and I wish the collective response wasn't overshadowed by a hardcore vocal minority.

Last edited by Slime State Alumni; 05-17-2021 at 05:26 PM.
Slime State Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote