Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 03:14 PM   #644
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I thought TMNT '12 was a home run - maybe not a grand slam, but it was solid. It was a rare example of a significant I.P. shift that still maintained the heart of TMNT very well, and brought a lot of fans back into the fold - myself included.

I will say that I was more forgiving of the show while it was airing, although now in hindsight some of the criticisms here on the forums are somewhat credible - the outer space season season for example. At those times during broadcast I just figured my interest was waning a bit, but in hindsight there may have been a few narrative mis-steps. But that show did everything it was supposed to and there were several moments where you could actually laugh out loud watching it, which although the goal of a lot of animation, almost never actually happens in real life.

TMNT '12 was overall very solid. I'd say that it's biggest weaknesses were some of the character designs, which didn't always meet with my nerd-approval. But c'mon already - that show with it's continuity, the Michelangelo moments, the repetition of Leatherhead pulling on Donatello's nose, the quirkiness of the character traits juxtaposed with the moments of great "ninja coolness" was all executed perfectly.

Some of the criticisms here have merit, sure. But overall that was a great show.
TMNT 12 was pretty good, Except when they create new characters, and then slap the names of classic characters on them, So they are just characters in name only, and nothing like the originals.

Im not really happy with how they treated the Nutrinos and Wingnut and Screwloose, Such wasted opportunities.