Thread: Forgiveness
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 12:15 PM   #19
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
I agree with your points.

The way I see it, there are two types of forgiveness. The mental forgiving of someone which prevents you from overthinking the situation, and being consumed with thoughts of anger, and the physical forgiving of someone which includes re establishing ties with someone, bringing them back into your life etc.

While I think mental forgiveness is a must for everyone or everything (does not mean you have to like or support them, only not ruin your own peace of mind over them), I have no probem with the physical cutting off of ties with someone who does not share our ideals and isn't one of us. As the saying goes, birds of a feather flock together.
Yeah I think that's what I was pondering on, from the one end of the scale where a person holds onto a grudge for years and allows it to affect them and then not going to the other end where all is forgiven but you have let go so far as you don't concern yourself with it, you just wouldn't reconcile with the person if they were still in your life.
(Course I'm talking wronging generally not where someone has suffered a trauma with lasting effect at the hands of another)

Last edited by newfan; 04-11-2018 at 01:26 PM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote