View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 04:58 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord

EPILOGUE

The now calm and tempered evening swiftly transitioned into the bustling and finetic day.

After a well-earned rest, and though their all-nigthter on the docks had forced them to sleep through the duration of the morning and throughout most of the afternoon, most of the Turtles all assembled at the table ready to make up for a lack of breakfast and lunch.

Most of the Turtles, but not all.

Once more, one was noticeably missing.

"Where'd Michelangelo go this time?" asked Raphael.

"He was up for most of the evening talking to April over on the Turtle 'Com after she went home" replied Leonardo. "She insisted he get some shut-eye but he said he'd only manage it if she agreed to meet him on the roof of her apartment. He must have gotten up before the rest of us"

"I still can't beleive she's willing to go through with dating one of us, it just does'nt fit her character" Raphael remarked.

"It is a pretty big step for both of them" said Leonardo.

"Yeah, but Raph has a point...April used to think we were of two entirely different worlds" Leonardo argued.

Master Splinter, overhearing the conversation, chose to interceed with sage advise.

"It is a wise choice to walk in between worlds, but a braver act to bind those worlds together. Having faith and appreciation of your dearest friends can lead to many changes in the mind and the heart"

"Women changing their minds...average day for the species" remarked Raphael.

"I think Michelangelo had an altogether different reason for bailing early guys, he may have remembered what we had scheduled to eat today" said Donatello, carrying a piping hot pizza in for the Turtles to chow down on.

Leonardo inspected the food.

"Choclate Chip Pizza?" he replied.

"It'll be a while before he has a craving for that again, all the more for me I guess" Raphael remarked, taking a slice and devouring it with considerable relish.

"I take it we won't be saving him a slice?" said Donatello.

"Nah" both Leonardo and Raphael said in hasty unison.

Meanwhile, back at April's apartment, an exhausted and deflated April made her way up to the room of the building, where, true to his word, Michelangelo was waiting for her, lazily slumped in a deck chair wearing shades, looking out at the steadily setting sun.

"How'd the day go?" he said.

"I'll let you know when my bulletin's due in about two hours, I can't stay here long"

"Hey, no rush, I'm a Turtle, it's natural instinct to take things slow and easy" Michelangelo replied.

"Just so you know, Thompson had to edit my piece. He thought it was best I not mention you guys"

"He can cover up the facts just like that?" Michelangelo replied, slightly annoyed.

"He thought I was joking, he said there's no way you guys would be hindering that gang, but would probably be helping them. He's never given any of you their fair due"

"So how do you explain what happened with the gang? That they turned themselves in? That they surrendered as soon as they caught wind of a siren?"

"The authorities picked up my mayday on the ship, that's as far as he's willing to let me travel with that end of the story" April explained.

"So we do all the work, and you're left with the credit. Smooth dudette" Michelangelo realized, leaping out of the seat, grabbing April's hips and hoisting her up in the air, giving her a twirl.

"You're not mad?" said April excitedly.

"No way, now the whole city will know just what you're made of, kind of like I already do" he said.

Putting April down, the two walked over to the edge of the roof to take in the view of the city and the setting sun.

Michelangelo wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and gently kissing the back of her neck.

"Comfortable there babe?" he asked.

April stroked the side of his cheeks gently with her right hand.

"Sure, but I'm more glad you've learned how to be comfortable in your own skin" she said with a reassuring smile.

Side by side, the two friends, now something more, watched the sun set on the first day of the rest of their lives.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote