View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 10:37 PM   #2438
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder

Two things:

1. The Transformers movies would be so much better if they were 90 minutes. Give it a big budget and a shorter runtime, and you could actually HAVE a Transformers movie centered on the Transformers. I think that's why TMNT had more TMNT in it than Transformers had Transformers.

2. With that said, it's not Bay who's saying make it shorter. He'd stretch the thing out if he could, all to give it more explosions. When I say this movie can't be 90 minutes, I mean it literally can't be 90 minutes. Based on what we've seen, they're doing A LOT more extensive shoots. I think this could be 110 minutes, but here's what we know is going to happen (not in order)

1. New Shredder and Karai.
2. Baxter Stockman.
3. Cameos. Lots and lots of cameos.
4. Vern scenes.
5. April scenes.
6. Casey scenes.
7. Casey and April scenes.
8. Car chases.
9. More car chases.
10. Bebop and Rocksteady as humans.
11. Bebop and Rocksteady being mutated.
12. Bebop and Rocksteady somehow working for Shredder a/o Krang.
13. The general concept of Krang and exposition about who he is.
14. Like, 17 explosions.
15. Scenes made ENTIRELY of CGI.
16. A final battle with at least 7 cutaways to April, making the final battle about 30 seconds in total.
17. April undercover.
18. Cops.
19. Cops and their cars going *BOOOOOOOOOM.*

I'm not going to even include scenes with the Turtles, because we all know there aren't going to be that many. But still, given all of this, the shortest running time I see is 110 minutes. It's STILL going to be rushed as hell, but there's a difference between rushing and not being able to fit everything into 90 minutes.