View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #22
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
No. Having or wanting sex from a child is not right. I don't give a SH*T how you want to phrase it, twist it, or justify it. Cultural differences, historical reasoning, don't care.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't have children in their life and therefore can't put themselves in the shoes of someone who has feared for their children's well being, or in some terrible cases had their own kids sexually abused or assaulted. That, or they're absolute f*cking filth and need to be buried.

It's also culturally OK to have children working themselves to the point of death in some parts of the world. Is that alright? Child abuse, whether sexual, physical, mental or whatever, IS NOT RIGHT. There's NOTHING backwards about that line of thinking and if that makes me wrong, or a bad person, or a bigot or racist or culturally insensitive in any way, I can honestly say I welcome it.

Ah, I see. So all those people in third-world nations whose values are different from ours and have been for centuries (and who DO have kids of their own) are wrong because they allow this to take place to THEIR OWN CHILDREN. Because according to OUR moral and ethical standards, it's abuse. To them, it's simply tradition and looking out for the interests of their family by doing what they believe is necessary for its continuation. Sure, that makes sense. Remember we are talking about people who are often below poverty-level, have little resources OTHER than their children, and live in cultures where children (especially girls) are seen as a valuable commodity to improve their family's situation.

What's WRONG with our society is not our views on children- it's the fact that we nearly always INSIST that the rest of the world live by the same rules and moral code. We are the most culturally elitist society in the world, as well as the most intrusively meddling. It's no wonder so many of those same nations hate us for trying to stick our collective noses into their affairs. I may not agree with a father in Afghanistan who yanks his 12 year-old daughter out of school to marry a twenty-year-old man so his family can continue to eat on the bride-price, but that doesn't mean I agree that we should censor media that is as often as not geared toward the standards of a society that reflects similar views. Much of the Japanese anime and manga does exactly that. In some parts of China, they still bind young girls' feet to keep them small and dainty (it's considered attractive) and it often causes painful foot problems later in life, but unless you're a part of that society, neither you nor I have any right to judge how those people live.

And for the record, I HAVE had a child, and though she lives elsewhere, I still care just as much about her welfare, and would hunt down and slowly flay alive anyone who dared to hurt her. I've also dealt with abuse myself, and I can tell you from that perspective ALONE that more often that not, the abuse you speak of comes from WITHIN ONE'S OWN FAMILY. Not an outsider a girl is given to in marriage where it is EXPECTED that she will be having sex (kind of have to in order to have kids) at some point. "Judge not, lest ye be judged." One of the FEW lines of the Bible I actually agree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Child brides are for one purpose only, to ensure the girl is still a virgin. Because in those countries many views women as property, a property that is worthless if not "intact".

It's quite an extreme to compare it to A cartoon like Negima.
So true. Many cultures- particularly those that still remain tribal or clannish in nature- still view wives as a form of wealth, and some even practice such horrific (to us) traditions of female circumcision, sewing the genitalia shut, and other such questionable things. Do I find it distasteful, harmful, and unethical? Yes. Would I censor content of a game based on that kind of culture just because I find it "offensive"? No. I would simply not watch or play it. That is all.

As for using Nagima, it was the first one that came to mind, as I happen to enjoy that particular anime. There are others far more extreme, of course, but I'm kind of picky with my anime-viewing.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote