View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 12:30 PM   #3
sdp
Megan Fox = April

The link in the OP is awful, change it to the original WSJ post or if you don't have a subscription at least CNBC.

Let's hope this doesn't happen as it would be awful for the toy industry. The people celebrating clearly don't understand how markets work and the effect it'll have on the industry and it won't be good for the consumer. The less competition the worst and no companies like NECA are not competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Are Mattel struggling? or is this just Hasbro hoping they'll sell? My computer didn't like that link so I didn't read it.
Mattel has been struggling since it hasn't reached their sales estimates and the TRU closing also took a toll on their stock. Apparently they're worth around 5 billion while Hasbro is worth around 11 billion. I'm surprised honestly, I thought Mattel was worth more than Hasbro.

The link doesn't include any real info just a clickbait article linking to the WSJ with no content.

Mattel is a public company, Hasbro can literally buy it if they really want to, that's called a hostile take over while a merger is when both agree, though "merger" is not a great term since the two companies merging are never equal, one owns the other. It's a bit more complicated than that but that's a carsh course.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote