View Single Post
Old 04-02-2020, 12:51 AM   #23
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The 4Kids one for GBA? I just recently acquired and finished that one. Pretty good! Do you remember what part you got stuck on? I managed to get through it rather quickly. It's rather short, that was my only nitpick.

I liked a lot of what they came up with for that game. I liked that you're required to play as each of the Turtles and that they each have their own unique levels designed around their own gameplay style, since each Turtle has unique abilities, but I wish they'd managed to let you "free play" all of the levels with whichever Turtle you wanted after completing the main game. Would have added greatly to the replay value. I'm not sure if they could have, since each level pretty much required that specific Turtle's abilities to navigate and complete it, but they could've figured it out.

But on the whole, not a bad piece of business! I definitely regret overlooking it when it came out, and I feel bad that apparently a lot of people did. The beat-'em'up sections definitely brought back fond memories of the good ol' days and felt like a natural evolution of Turtles In Time. The rest of the game tried some new things and I feel they mostly turned out well.
Sadly I barely played them...
But I remember that they were pretty good!

I remember remaining stucked in that level with Donatello where you had to destroy four targets (I think) with Donatello's long range attack! I didn't knew you could actually do such move. After that, I don't remember even finishing one...

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote