View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 04:48 AM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
It’s kind of a reductive way of looking at it. Mirage isn’t the be-all-end all of what defines good TMNT. It’s the source material, yes, but I’d prefer any new films evolve, use the DNA of what came before, but not clone it. I don’t see the purpose of adapting these stories when you can still try a ton of things that have never been seen before.

You can get genuine pathos from these characters if you try. The closest we have gotten to that is the first movie, nearly 30 years ago. If a new movie can give me characters that I have an emotional connection to, it can do whatever it wants.

If that means a complete Mirage adaptation then so be it, but the idea of Mirage being the franchise’s only saving grace is flawed.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. I know I am posting in the "let's make a pitch perfect Mirage adaptation" thread, but that's not even what I'd see being super successful or even would want to see (granted, I wouldn't be upset if such a thing happened anyway). I'd want a director and creative team with a true understanding of the Mirage TMNT coming to the table with a unique vision that is consistent with the heart and spirit and beats of that that truly brings that into 2017 with their own take that will resonate with new audiences.

Worries about "wh-wh-what about the Fred Wolf fans that want a metric ton of mutants and Beebop?" shouldn't even factor into the equation. They didn't even show up for the last movie anyway, which was made for them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote