View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #16
srmff
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by puirnaut View Post
I understand your point of view. But this is easy to parry. About the show "Itchy and Scratchy Show". The whole world of this show revolves around these two characters. And the appearance of Poochie destroys this idyll. However, if you remember the show "Tom and Jerry", then they have the character Spike the dog. And in some episodes, he is very well in harmony with the main characters and the world of the series.
About Scrappy-Doo I think a good example of your argument. I would cite the example of Harley Quinn in response. The character who was invented for the animated series of the 90s is now one of the most popular female characters in comics, animated series and films. She was able to become not only a full-fledged character of the DC universe, but also was able to become quite an independent hero, remember the animated series Harley Quinn, as well as she has her own series of comics. Although you know that very well.

I did not mean to say that your point of view is not correct and your examples are not successful. No, that's not what I meant. I wanted to show that for each case example, someone else will be able to pick up a different example to prove their point. Therefore, this path initially leads nowhere.
That's exactly it though. It's my point of view. There is no right or wrong. My primary issue with Venus is that I wouldn't like her to be equal in importance to the show as Leo, Donnie, Raph and Mikey. I wouldn't want her in every episode as a main character. I might be able to put up with seeing Venus on screen again in a new capacity but I definitely don't want her as a main character. I don't mind having female mutants but a female turtle just irks me. It probably partly has to do with people automatically shipping her with the turtles as a result. I was not a fan of Venus's costume design either. Harley Quinn is an antagonist rather than a protagonist. I prefer versions of Batman where he's working alone rather than with the Boy Wonder or Batgirl.
srmff is offline   Reply With Quote