View Single Post
Old 10-03-2003, 07:06 AM   #29
kyabetsu
Foot Elite

Here's the character profile for my girl:...

Name: Tinkerbell
hair: Black, white, tawny blonde.
eyes: Black
weight: 160
height: 5’1”

species: hybrid: [Homo Sapiens/Ateles Geoffroyi] Cross. (mutant spider monkey)

Physical Description: Tinker is exceptionally long-armed and long-legged with a slender body. Her skull structure is human, though her facial features have a distinctly simian (monkey) cast: heavier eyeridges, thick jaw, more of a snout than a nose, long canines, long upper lip.

Her body is covered in tawny blonde hair, whose texture is closer to coarse fur than the hair on a human's head. She lacks an undercoat; the hair is not fluffy-big. The hair on her head is thicker and darker: black with a shock of white in the front.

Her back is swayed and her abdomen prominent. She has a highly useful prehensile tail, which is longer than her combined head and body length; it functions as a fifth limb. The underside TIP of the tail is naked and ridged like a fingerprint for added grip. Even the tip of the tail can support her entire body weight.

She retained the human trait of opposable thumbs, but gained the greater finger dexterity and length of her primate DNA donor. Her hands are like hooks with long, narrow palms, and long curved fingers. The skin of her hands and feet is black and thicker than the flesh visible on her face.

Like her primate ancestors, the percentage of body fat on her frame is very low, and the bulk of her mass comes from her long limbs and the inordinately strong stringy muscles that coat them.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...&members=1
^Here's the link to a collection of images of her.^

Background: Originally human, Tinker was a homeless street kid. She’d run away from home at 16 and not looked back. She joined up with some of NY’s infinite supply of junkies and street punks and happily wasted her funds on alcohol and meth. Her drug habit earned her her name, “Tinkerbell.” Tinker was the little one with the pocket full of pixie dust. She abandoned her real name and embraced the whole punk scene: torn clothes, multiple piercings, unemployment and sleeping with tattoo artists for new body art—a free spirit that would not be contained, even by the limits of her own body.

After years of abuse, Tinker’s body was messed up beyond even her ability to ignore it. At the age of 20, Tinker enrolled in a government-sponsored program for those addicted to narcotics who could not afford regular health care. She sought treatment and was instead taken, one of many homeless, hopeless junkies, to an upstate facility where government scientists used her as a test subject in one of numerous experiments in genetic manipulation.

A year and a half later, she managed to escape from the lab when other mutants burned it to the ground. She made her way back to the city slowly and has spent the last six months hiding and seeking out as many of her old addictions as possible. Unfortunately for Tinker, her new form does not respond to her old loves. The scientists had succeeded in her rehab. As a mutant, her new body is drug resistant.

i've never played Palladium rules or a TMNT rpg that needed the numbers, but here's the summary for tinker, sans numbers.

-Intelligence Quotient (IQ): she's not that smart. she didn't finish highschool. She's been a hardcore druggie for 4 years. She knows a thing or two about getting by, but she's a spur of the moment kinda girl... so planning? deep introspective thought? academia? it can all go f*ck itself as far as she's concerned.

-Mental Endurance (ME): she's an escapist. she's learned to deal with emotional and mental trauma by drowning them in drug, alcohol, meaningless sex, loud music... if she actually had to DEAL with reality, she'd be pretty unstable, but she's firmly encamped along the banks of DENIAL.

-Mental Affinity (MA): She follows her own thing... if people happen to like her for it, she's cool with that. if not? well. they were prolly b*st*rds anyways. She still believes she's as independent as ever, but her dependence on "having a distraction" to keep herself from dealing with the afore mentioned reality, means that she's actually much more approval conscious than she used to be. But she'd swallow glass before she'd admit that. --- so. charming? uh... she TRIES... but she doesn't know she's trying, because she's determined to be her own monkey.

-Physical Strength (PS): her mutation plays a large part in this one. I did my homework on spidermonkeys. she's a STRONG b*tch. if she can lift her full weight with the tip of her tail, she could mess UP a vending machine.

-Physical Prowess (PP): she is NOT a fighter. NOT trained. her combat experience involves, "that one time i PIMP-SLAPPED this b*tch that wanted som'a my stash."--- but again, her mutation... as she has spent 2 years coming to understand her augmented body, she's learned a fair number of its limits. so yeah, she has no idea how to throw a punch, but she knows she can wrap her legs around her neck. SpiderMonkeys are flexible and FAST. but if caught in a fight? RUN. HIDE. THROW stuff at your adversaries from a safe distance.

-Physical Endurance (PE): spider monkeys are not long-distance sprinters. so no. she's not "in top physical shape". She's also been living on the streets, eating anything that she can find, sleeping in the open or in abandoned buildings, TRYING to abuse her body with all her old favorite vices. No, she's not at top form as far as HEALTH either. BUT! that mutation frustrates the crap out of her here: she's immune to her favorite chemicals: no meth, no heroine, no crack, no e, no nothing... not even nyquil. so... toxins have no effect, though she'd be all wheezy after a long run.

-Physical Beauty (PB): please. she's a swaybacked, long-limbed, monkey-faced ex-punk with home-made piercings in anything she could get a saftey pin into. so yeah, i GUESS if you LIKE that sort of thing, she MAY be sorta cute.... but really? no. no beauty here.

-Speed (Spd):[/u] on foot? not too good. less than a human, since her hips aren't set up for that kind of thing... but if she's SWINGING? hand over hand? those are LONG *ss arms... and spidermonkeys can go 3 times their arm span when they're really goin' at it.

______SUMMARY_______

she's strong but not trained. Fast, but only while swinging monkey-style. Immune to toxins, but that just means she can't get high on the drugs she craves and she abuses her body any OTHER way she can manage. She's NOT attractive and hardly has the $$ to take care of herself hygiene-wise. She's no rocket scientist, though she's managed to live so far through a heck of a lot...