View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 05:56 AM   #7
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm never quite sure what "not bad for what it is" really means, I get the feeling that's the kind of thing that gets thrown around a lot to provide an excuse that won't require an argument.

In this case, if it means "It is a cheap kids' cartoon on Netflix probably meant to sell merch and will likely get canned before episode 50, and those tend to be even worse than this." then yes, that is true. But that doesn't mean the show's problems can just be excused, it might be better than what one might expect from something like this but that doesn't exactly make the show good.
I have to agree with this. It's a common thing I see so much in recent times. "Yeah, well, it's not bad for what it is! It's just a cute little cartoon!" Why can't cartoons be criticized like all other forms of art? They're not supposed to be taken seriously by any means, and the humor in them are supposed to always be found funny, or the fans say that you're a moron who can't take a joke. So if Usagi Descendant Boy farts multiple times in an episode, including during the dramatic scene when his love interest or best friend or whatever dies, then you're a moron for complaining that a dramatic scene was ruined by a very dumb joke.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote