View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Ask a Question: IDW's TMNT Editor Thread

Hi guys,

I'm Bobby Curnow, and edit and co-plot the current IDW TMNT comic. I had a "Question" thread over at the IDW forums, but they've been down for a while, so I thought I'd start one here. Feel free to post your questions about any of the IDW TMNT comic books, and I will do my best to answer in an honest and timely manner.

A few "small print" things:

-I will reserve the right to not answer questions that could spoil things like up-coming plot points. Sometimes the mere act of choosing not to answer a question can result in a sorta-spoiler in itself, so bear with me if I ignore a question in regards to future story events, or willfully obfuscate. If I can safely tease something, I may do so, but take it with a grain of salt. It's not set in stone until you read the actual issue. Things can change last minute!

-I get lots of questions about IDW's reprint program. I have almost nothing to do with the reprints, and that department is the most overworked at IDW (just two guys handling EVERYTHING that IDW reprints, which is a lot), so I am very reluctant to take time out of my day and bother those guys. Feel free to ask questions regarding this, sometimes I know or hear things, but don't be upset if I don't have the answer and am unwilling to investigate further. That will probably be the case. It's not my area, and I want to respect the folks whose area it is!

-I've always been impressed with how respectful people are on this forum, but I may chose to not answer questions/statements that I deem to be not respectful to myself or the rest of the creative team (and yes, what is respectful is subjective). That being said, if you've got a concern or critique that is respectfully worded, i'm happy to read it.

-These are my own opinions and thoughts, and as much as is possible, not reflective of IDW or Nickelodeon/Viacom. Though obviously i'm going to tread a line that respects the fact that I am employed by, or work with, them.

Hmm... I think that's it. I'll just take this opportunity, on behalf of Tom, Kevin, the artists and IDW, to thank you all for your support and interest. We are very aware and thankful of it.

EDIT: If you'd like your question to be considered to be included in an upcoming issue of TMNT's Ninja Notes, please mark your post as "OK TO PRINT". Feel free to include your name or place of residence if you'd like, but that is not necessary. I will attribute the question to your screen name if that's all I have.

Last edited by Bobby Curnow; 01-14-2016 at 12:56 PM.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote