View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 01:50 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Did fan outrage give us a worse movie? Sure there are some stories that make it sound like fans know better, they changed Sonic's design for the better but it was only the CG the movie was the same in the Sonic Movie, literally nothing else changed. The original Blue Door script maybe didn't sound excellent but it could've been better?

What did the 2 creators of TMNT think of the original version? Laird also stated that he felt the "ill-conceived plan" could be a "genius notion", as it would allow fans to have the multitude of bipedal anthropomorphic turtles that they have been asking for. AKA he hated it but he knew it was what fan wanted. Kevin Eastman on the other hand called it awesome easily the best Turtle movie yet.

We have a turtle-planet backstory from an alien race, they also told us that the ooze was alien tech which is true so it could've played a role in the origin. Still the same turtle origins with Ooze only from a planet. The easier more marketable Ninja Turtles name for the movie could've been better, "Teenage Mutant" just sounds silly for zoomers.

We get a white Colonel Schrader, which would've made the story and origin more relevant instead of having Eric Sacks AND Shredder when its clear they're supposed to be the same character and makes more sense for them to be one. They also told us this:

I think the backlash made them take some rash decisions that didn't go well with what they already had planned since it conflicted. I think many will agree some parts like the "family" relationship the turtles had worked. The story doesn't but that's because it was thrown in at the last minute changing big aspects of the origin to appease fans but conflicted with the original vision. The original vision might've been nothing like anything TMNT before but it could've been a new fun interpretation just like those weird alternate reality Mirage stories from Vol.1, something new even if different and far more successful than just a mediocre version of the story we already know.
Whatever you're smoking.... stop. You got a bad batch.

The movie was **** from the getgo. When they have to waste time overthinking their origin and change Shredder around, you knew you had a bomb on your hands. JKISS

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote