View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 04:39 PM   #66
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, that's a real bummer. Of all the ones to leave or lose, of course it'd be the most valuable and rarest ones. Oooooof.

I'm still smarting because SOMEone made off with my Grayskull and Snake Mountain during one of our many moves. I have a few small assorted parts but the shells disappeared a long time ago. Those are gonna be tough to replace, but I'm saving up.

In the meantime, another replacement figure came today... RATTLOR!
Spoiler:

He was always one of my favorites as a kid but mine broke when I was very young. Thankfully, this new one is in great shape aside from a little bit of paint rub. Neck still works great!

A couple replacement parts are on the way as well. It was impossible to find just the belt and/or sword for Prince Adam at a reasonable price - I'd have to buy an entire Loose Complete figure and I already have two Adams, one with no accessories at all and one that's just missing the belt and sword, and also that'd be around $40. So I broke down and ordered some Repro ones. I don't care, really, I just want to have "complete" figures with all their accessories to have on display. It's nice if I have original authentic weapons, 99% of which I already have or can get rather easily, but in the case of a few things like Power Swords and Sorceress's Staff I'd honestly rather just pay $5-10 and have something that at a glance looks the same as the original. I mean, $40 for a dinged-up He-Man sword, or $25 for a repro Sword, Axe and Shield together? I do stick to the authentic weapons whenever possible but sometimes it's just a pain trying to track them down for a reasonable price.

Thankfully, I can find most of the parts I need for around $10-15 apiece. I'm looking at a few lots, also, but most of them are full of stuff I have and I'd still end up paying like $40+ for one or two things, and at that point I'd just as soon pick them up one at a time. I'unno. Either way, getting there!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote