View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 07:40 PM   #16
Leo656
The Franchise

Bullsh*t, I watched the first episode. That was all I needed to see.

I'm under zero obligation to waste precious moments out of my life to "give things a chance" if what I've already seen makes me want to hurl. People who proclaim that sh*t are constantly moving the goalposts back anyway. "You only watched three episodes, that isn't fair!" "You only watched half the season!" "You only watched the entire season but didn't read the supplementary material on the website!" And so on and so forth. To them, if you didn't like something, you "didn't REALLY give it a chance".

I f*cking hate black licorice. I knew that after the very first time I tried it; It was not required that I try it an arbitrary number of times before I was "allowed" not to like it. It tasted like sh*t so I spit it out and never put it in my mouth again. That's completely allowed, mockerfuther.

Same with this show. As a hard rule, I don't like "goofy" TMNT in the first place. This was the goofiest TMNT stuff since Turtle Tunes, so I immediately "noped" it and never looked back. That was me "giving it a chance".

If other people like it, then fine. I've realized in recent years that I'm not "really" much of a TMNT fan in the first place, since I've only liked about three versions and hated everything else, but that's just the way it is. I'm fine not having this show in my life, I don't feel like I missed out on anything substantial as I have tons of other things fighting for my attention at any given moment. Things that DON'T make me feel stupider for having watched them.

But yeah, I watched it once. I somehow doubt there was a ton of nuance and depth I missed out on.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote