View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 10:23 PM   #863
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
The simple fact is that Revelations was woke $#!(
Compared to the CGI show with "Ram-Ma'am" and Black Teela and "WE Have The Power?" No, man, it actually wasn't.

The CGI reboot is absolutely drowning in "woke sh*t" so by all means if you want to rip that one apart go ahead, in that case it's actually justified. In Revelation's case it's projecting, though.

What tickles me is, a ton of people who did call Revelation "woke sh*t" because of Teela's haircut turned right around and started praising the CGI reboot... some nonsense about "Yeah well it's a reboot so they don't have to follow any 'rules', and so the race- and gender-flipping is acceptable in this case but in MOTU:R's case it's a violation." Like no, man, race- and gender-flipping is always bad, it's not acceptable, and it's just evidence of people deciding they hated MOTU:R a year in advance BUT they choose to support the CGI show because they don't want to be accused of "hating everything". Even though if their logic had any consistency, they'd hate the reboot MORE than the other show.

Anyway, yeah, Fight The Real Enemy. The fact that the same people who cried about Revelation being "woke sh*t" but won't say a word about the reboot when the CGI show gives them a LOT more to complain about tells me a lot - the former show got a lot of media hype, the reboot is invisible and nobody knows it exists, and there's no point in raging against things that won't get them any attention for doing so. BUT if they wanted to at least present the veneer of consistency, they'd be even more vocal in attacking the reboot.

The fact that the reboot is so incredibly over-the-top "woke sh*t" is a big reason I don't care about it. That and the f*cking stupid character designs. I forget who first coined the phrase "Fortnight He-Man" but that's forever what it's called in my head, now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote