View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 04:26 PM   #20
Leo656
The Franchise

Since these are getting pretty cheap I went ahead and ordered the few that I'm missing from the "Primal Age" line: Scarecrow, Bizarro, Flash, Black Manta, and Mr. Freeze. Trying to round off all of the more modern 5.5-scale lines. Which is easy as they're all pretty easy to come by at fairly cheap prices. Seems like only Sub-Zero and Raiden from the "Savage World" line are very expensive. All the Thundercats, DC, Horror and Street Fighter ones are pretty cheap, like $7-15 mostly. They all DO look fantastic next to the vintage MOTU and newer MOTU: Origins figures. It's crazy, I picked up a couple of these on a lark a few years ago and now I'm obsessed with this scale all over again, like I'm three years old again.

I also broke down and ordered the "Primal Age" Batcave playset, since it was only about $40. I'm saving up for a vintage Castle Grayskull (OR the new Origins one that's supposed to come out, whichever comes first ) but in the meantime I couldn't help it, I need a playset for these guys. Don't know where I'll put it, but I'll figure it out. I watched a Pixel Dan video on it and had to have it. So that'll be here in a few days. I still need the Krypto beast but that one really shot up in price recently, so I'll have to wait on that one.

Not counting variants, all I need from the Funko 5.5.-scale series are:
Thundercats - Tygra, Monkian, and Jackalman
Street Fighter - Ryu, Blanka, and M. Bison

And then from the Super7 Filmation MOTU line, I just need to pick up Eldor, Buzz-Off, and Evil Seed, not counting a few I ordered which haven't arrived yet. Also Robot He-Man but I kinda count him as a variant. I do plan to eventually pick up some/most/all of the variants in these different lines but my urgency to do so is low when I stil have several characters I need to get. So I'll get to those eventually after I complete each of the main series.
-------------------

Also, did or does anyone ever get into any of the numerous vintage knock-off 5.5-scale lines, like Galaxy Warriors, Fantasy World, Defenders of the Planets or anything like that? I have a few of the various knock-off wrestling guys from Sungold and Madison that came out back in the 80s, but none of the various fantasy lines that were meant to cash in on He-Man. When I was a kid I used to see a lot of them at discount stores or just a little bit down the aisle from the "real" He-Man stuff at regular stores, but since they were "fake He-Man guys" I ignored them. But like many people, now that I'm older and my line of vintage MOTU figures is almost complete (or as close as it'll ever be without $400 guys like Scare Glow!), I've gotten very curious about these as well. It's such an amazing web of intrigue and nonsense.

I don't have any of the vintage knock-offs but I would very much like to. Really sucks that most of them sell for around $50 loose. It's amazing that the stuff nobody wanted as a kid sometimes becomes the most in-demand thing many years later. Anyways, anybody collect any of these, either back in the day or more recently? They really do look great next to the authentic MOTU line; I hope to one day snag a few and create a truly epic 5.5 display with all the various lines.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote