View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 09:31 PM   #83
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
After they crapped the bed by shoehorning in 1-dimensional versions of Khan, Section 31, Carol Marcus, and the magic Augment blood, they lost any chance of ever getting me to watch anything made by JJ Abrams ever again.

It's popular to dislike, say, M. Night or somebody, but I've got a blood vendetta against Abrams. That man has a lot to answer for.
That's fair. I can respect that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I actually kinda like Star Trek Beyond but that's only because it tried to tell a new story that wasn't a rehash or stuff it already seen before.
And there was the whole 50th anniversary thing it was riding, too. The moment with Kirk holding the photo from Star Trek VI of the whole cast was touching... albeit, an actual visual reminder of how far Star Trek has strayed from Trek. It was fun seeing the Enterprise uniforms and an NX-01-like ship.

And what a bad ending for Spock Prime. He gets marooned in an alternate, shi**y timeline trying to save the damn Romulans just in time to watch his own homeworld get blown up by a Romulan... then he dies of old age surrounded by strangers. I'd say that's a significantly worse death than Kirk's.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote