View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 12:33 AM   #201
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
You could have written you're own rebuttal rather than quote a site which is essentially an alt right front that regularly report rumours that any idiot could see is untrue to stir up alt right types against media and creators they don't like.
"Everything I don't like or can deny without using insults, is alt-right".
Good job, kid.

Quote:
There's also been people of more right leaning persuasion that picked up that Star Trek was a very left leaning show and enjoyed it anyway. That's fine as a work of fiction it doesn't have to align with your real world views. Star Trek has definitely changed over the decades but the Conservative 'movement' has changed way more that if any of the classic shows were aired for the first time today the political right would be in meltdown.
"Everyone who disagree with me are Fasicsts".
You are brining an A game, kiddo.

Quote:
Utopia is achieved by abandoning capitalism, hard borders are seen as bad. I can only imagine how the early episodes of Next Gen were it was shows men cross dressing was normal would be recieved. All the issue episodes would be seen as preachy.
ST'verse had abandoned Capitalism, because, they've found improbable solution, which is ability to create anything in any quantity, if I am not mistaking. It makes a good explanation, but a lousy and lazy plot device. It certainly was not propaganda of Communism as understood by the modern Left. Or Left in general.

Quote:
Calm down. You don't even know what woke means. What does any of what you have to do with Star Trek anyway? Is there any version of the property new or old that advocates getting trophies for failing? You do these rants about everything whether it fits or now. Calm down.
It is almost like his rants aimed at problems, which have become core of the modern Left movement, which had transformed it from a reasonable political force to movement of squealing authoritarian lunatics, trying to destroy or main everything they see, seeing offense at every corner and looking almost like a comical parody of fascists, they like to invoke so often.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote