View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 09:54 PM   #40
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Every decade has good music, bad music, good trends bad trends. Most people tend to love the music style that they enjoyed when they were teenagers the most for the rest of their lives and never evolving much after that and any music before they were teens feels "old" to them and music after feels like noise.

Granted not everyone is like that and because of streaming music and algorithms it doesn't seem to be as true anymore with it being easier for newer generations having easier access to old songs and them being cool again but for the most part this still remains true.

With that said I never really liked 80s music, as a kid it always felt "old" while stuff like disco and before it felt from like 100 years ago. I didn't particularly like 90s pop music either but at least it didn't feel old and of course I didn't really start listening to music until I was like 13 and got into metal in the 00s.
I wasn't really into music when I was a teenager. I mostly listened to video game OSTs and enjoyed the occasional song I heard in a FIFA videogame. But didn't attend concerts nor did I have any favourite bands or anything like that.

Whne I was a kid, my mother turned in the stereo and always put it on the Nostalgia station that played Hits from the 60s and 70s. I remember listening to The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Rod Stewart, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Eagles, Simon and Garfunkel, etc. on it often. Most of the top hits from those bands are catchy and ways to like, so I did like those songs. And it's no wonder such bands are still well-known after all these years.

Back to the 80s, as someone who was heavily into metal when they were 18-22, I gotta respect the golden decade of metal music. Thrash and death metal were born during this decade and Iron Maiden were also in their prime during it.

I like music if it's good. Regardless what era it's from. I like classical and jazz music to, and needless to say, that stuff is from way before my time.

Ofc there's good music nowadays. But mainstream music seems at its lowest point ever in terms of quality. Literally almost everything sounds the same, from my experience.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote