View Single Post
Old 11-24-2019, 10:50 PM   #18
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Still, it's all over now. The public has- for the most part- moved on. I should say that I love what I've seen from Rise. It's new, different, and beautifully animated. Rise is what I've been asking for out of new incarnations for years- something different. Unfortunately, most of the fandom has rejected Rise (probably because they're missing the point of that show entirely), and Nick doesn't seem to care too much about it either. It's disheartening to see this happen to a show that has so much heart put into it.

If there is one thing I learned about this forums is that most people don't care about animation, to them unless a character has 20 lines across their face its "generic" or "Cal-Arts Style" which is a shame because like you said Rise is beautifully animated and its a shame not a lot of people here don't even recognize that aspect of the show. I'm not going to say Rise is perfect but after 2k3 taking inspiration from Mirage, 2k12 combining aspects of 2k3 and OT and IDW pretty much being the Ultimate universe of TMNT should't a new series experiment a little.

Good news is that the series is getting a cult following on Twitter, it aint much but at least there are fans of it.