View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #75
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
The OT is hardly the first version I'd want to see adapted for a modern live action film, but I'd love it if they did it in a way that was true to what it's based on, tonally. Wild, vivid colors, funky slang, full of punk/hip-hop flavor, just totally goofy & unrealistic. Trying to pass the influence of that series in a "realistic" way is about as absurd as can be. There's nothing dark about the stuff they're drawing from, for the most part, yet they're trying to pass it off as Batman Begins styled re-imagining. You could go that route, sure, but you can't have it both ways, as they're trying (& failing) to do. Like I said, do whatever, but just pick that 1 thing & stick with it.
Yeah dude. That's why I LOVE the Speed Racer movie. There was no pretense, it simply WAS the cartoon in live-action. Some people hate that, and are like, "Just do a cartoon, then", but I don't see any other way it could have been done without looking even MORE ridiculous. The original was SO blissfully insane, if you tried to make it "real" you'd ruin it.

If they were going to do an OT-based TMNT movie and actually DO that, well, I know I could relax *a little* about certain things, and could even appreciate some things being "cheesy" or whatever. And hey, lots of movies take bits and pieces of different interpretations and blend them in a way that makes sense. THIS series, though, doesn't know WHAT it wants to be or WHO it's trying to please. They're shooting for as many targets as they can and subsequently missing all of them except the biggest, broadest ones. It's trying to "be the cartoon" while "keeping it real" (how anyone ever said THAT about this series with a straight face, I'll never know).

You gotta pick a spot and commit.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote