View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 10:34 AM   #217
Leo656
The Franchise

I forget when it's coming, and I forget when they announced it, but Sun-Man is definitely getting a single-card release in the Origins line, along with two other characters from that line ("Rulers of the Sun"), the villain and one of the other heroes. I think back in the 80s that line only had 6 characters produced out of 10 advertised, no word yet on if the others will be integrated into Origins down the line but Mattel does have the rights to them now, so if the first three do well then they'll probably hit the others too.

They'll be on a regular Origins card and not the Con Exclusive "Sun-Man" packaging, though, so even when the retail Sun-Man comes out the collectors will still have something to crow about.
--------------

Tons of stuff is going to be coming out for both Origins and Masterverse, all through 2022 and even 2023. What we know about for the next 12 months so far is:

ORIGINS

- Buzz-Off
- Jitsu
- Flying Fists He-Man
-Terror Claws Skeletor
- Mini-Comics Trap Jaw (first appearance recolor)
- Mini-Comics Stratos (first appearance recolor)
- Anti-Eternia He-Man
- Clawful
- Sorceress
- Kol-Dar (created for the Filmation cartoon; notable because it shows that Mattel can now do figures that were created for or only appeared in that cartoon show, which they weren't able to before)
- Stridor (which means Night Stalker can't be far behind as they're literally the same sculpt in different colors)

MASTERVERSE
- Fisto
- Andra
- Stinkor
- Scare Glow
- King Grayskull
- Trap Jaw
- Tri-Klops
- "New Eternia" He-Man & Skeletor, with some sort of Viking aesthetic. Still not entirely sure what the "New Eternia" sub-line entails

I think I also read that "Classic Teela" will be available in Masterverse as well but it's not on the list I'm looking at right now for this.

Yeesh! What a time to be alive.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 09-14-2021 at 10:41 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote