View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #38
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I feel that some new concepts could work fine for TMNT, but if you're going that route you really can't half-ass it and expect it to work out, and that has happened all too frequently.

When it came down to it, for example, what was the point of the mystic weapons really? Just because? They never really played much part in the show other than "look a flashy thing." If the explanation for something can be summed up as "just because," that is sort of a rather lousy reason.

After all, the 2003 Turtles got mystic weapons too. But it was made to matter that they got them, that they'd earned them, it mattered that Leo came away disappointed and probably wondering why he didn't and how it impacts him. I realize these are very different shows, but even some hyper, candy coated comedy could at least have a decent enough excuse and reason to have them other than they saw shiny objects and stole them without a thought or care.

Sure, I'm probably giving it more thought than fans of Rise care for and would hand wave it off, but if a show runs by the premise that you're not supposed to think about it, then, well, I guess it also died by that motto, too, didn't it.

Draxum had potential, but they again just stuck with scratching the surface then dropped the ball in favor of a Shredder that never really got to pose that much of a threat to the world beyond the TMNT. They could have gone into more detail and given his existence and history in the mystic city more depth, and not forgotten about the reason he was a bad guy after a short time. I really wouldn't mind seeing someone else's deeper, more impactful take on Draxum someday.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-20-2020 at 06:26 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote