Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 06:15 AM   #350
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

You guys have gotta be kidding here. Of course 2K3 was neutered compared to the actual Mirage storylines. That should frankly be obvious. That said, 2K3 is on a whole other level than 2012. The first season of 2012 is incredibly juvenile, the character designs look like they are made for pre-schoolers and they can't go 30 seconds without some bombastic, manic behavior, one-liners etc. 2012 has a lot more in common with the 87 show and, in my opinion, is made for an even younger audience... Of course that's the thing about interpretation... Everyone's is different.

The 2003 show has a lot of jokes too by way of Michelangelo (their funny by the way) but it has a far more (not sure if "mature" is the right word) serious approach overall.

As far as 2003 being a "bastion of maturity" when you compare it to FW, 2012, even the live action PD movies, the stories are better and the show feels like something an adult can watch. The others not so much... But that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

Regardless, IF the Rogen fronted TMNT film is any good, well there ya' go, I'm wrong... But in that snippet of an article, he never once mentioned Mirage or IDW and he never talked about character depth or how deep the story is going to be. The only thing he mentioned was "Teenagers" and instantly I was thinking about the poor turtles being subjected to a Kevin Smith type script with sex jokes, drug references etc. Granted, Nick wouldnt let that happen, but we'll see. My money is on the opposite of Kevin and Peter's Turtles and we probably wont even be lucky enough to get Waltz turtles either.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote