View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

No... don't go Ghostbustering my Turtles. If they're going to get more women in there, I'd rather those who are their own good characters, not just gender swap because no one knows how to write cool original women well enough. Cripe, they got completely lost on any idea of what to do with Karai.

Realistically speaking... I'd rather a big alien turtle-like baddie who happens to be a girl and working for Krang. Like a big ass-kicking female Slash** of sorts, who easily gives our boys a run for their money. Go all out with the gnarly-looking alien turtle thing as far as design goes... not a Hollywood pinup design. Enough so that one of our Turtles by default says "he," and this alien pauses and glares at him saying, "Who you calling he?"

And leave any gender signifiers at just that (alongside a good voice, but use a woman with a deeper, strong tone, sort of like a female Nick Slash and suggests "evil alien" well enough) - NO alien/reptile boobs, etc.

**Inspired by Slash only, not just some genderbent version.

I kinda went to see this now. The writers need to look at fan ideas to pull bits if ideas from... they'd get better stories.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 07-11-2016 at 02:50 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote