View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 04:59 AM   #62
Leo656
The Franchise

Was going through my storage again and taking inventory. Just for fun I decided to take a few pictures of some of the cooler-looking MotU figures that are still in great shape (not missing armor, etc.). I still have a lot of the weapons, they're in a bag separately.

BATTLE CAT and PANTHOR!
Spoiler:

They're both holding up well. Panthor still has most of his flocking. Battle Cat's saddle peg broke like forever ago but if you double the strap through the buckle it holds in place fine. The other side of his mask is a bit chewed on, just a little - the puppy I had in Kindergarten took a liking to poor Cringer's face armor - but I just say it's "battle scarred".

Speaking of flocking, I don't see too many Moss Man figures in this great of shape!
Spoiler:

Leech, from The Evil Horde... one of the sturdiest figures in the line!
Spoiler:

Tri-Klops is still looking great as well!
Spoiler:

Faker! This one could be tough to get sometimes. Almost positive this was the 1987 re-release.
Spoiler:

The ones most kids who jumped in after 1983 got "stuck with"... Battle Armor He-Man and Battle Armor Skeletor!
Spoiler:

TRIPLE the Power with "Flying Fists" He-Man, the Original He-Man, and everyone's favorite variant, "Thunder Punch" He-Man!
Spoiler:

MAN I wish Original He-Man wasn't so expensive to find. Because if I could change ONE thing I would love to paint his goddamn wrist gauntlets. That's always bothered me a whole lot, but I don't want to do that on my one and only Original He-Man figure. If I ever get another one, then definitely.

Just for fun, here's 2003 He-Man in his Golden Battle Armor, looking slightly reminiscent of "Flying Fists He-Man" from the original series:
Spoiler:

His voice chip still works just fine! That's awesome.

I have a LOT more figures from both the original and 2003 lines; those were just some that struck my fancy as I was organizing them. Sadly, like ten or so of my original series figures are missing most/all of their armor and weapons, so I might end up replacing them altogether as in some cases a Loose/Complete figure is not much more expensive than just getting the accessories.

The biggest heartbreaker is The Sorceress; she's not "broken" but her legs have turned inward at an odd angle and she simply will not stand at all. Very frustrating considering how rare and expensive she is. I doubt I'll buy a replacement, but I imagine the legs' rubber bands will eventually break anyway, at which point I'll just do a full repair job. I'm not about to "break" the figure on purpose in the meantime just to fix it, though; I wasn't going to display it anytime soon so as of now I'm planning to just let nature take its course.

I do have quite a few weapons left but not as many as I'd like, so that's gonna be a small project unto itself. Ah well.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote