View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 05:41 PM   #64
Leo656
The Franchise

The two most recent additions to my vintage MOTU line arrived... Fisto and Zodac!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Zodac is new to my collection; for some reason I never acquired him as a kid. As I mentioned elsewhere, his harness is broken in the back with a piece of the clasp missing, but a replacement should be here shortly.

I already had Fisto, and in good shape, too; but he was missing his armor and sword, and for SOME reason it was much cheaper to just buy a complete loose figure rather than just the pieces I need. This one's in near-perfect shape too, though. His arm spring is still nice and tight and his armor and sword are pristine!

I think the only missing figures I can afford to pursue from the original line are Gwildor and Blade; past that, it's all just replacing broken figures and missing parts. I need:
- Armor and club for Mekaneck
- Belt and arm attachments for Trap Jaw
- Sword for Tri-Klops
- Belt for Prince Adam
- Webstor's rifle
- New Modulok (I'm missing more than half the pieces)
- Arm attachment for Roboto
- Rokkon replacement w/Blaster
- Mace for Spikor
- Blaster for Stonedar
- Replacement Sy-Klone (Mine's missing the chest hologram)
- Right arm cover for King Hiss
- New Multi-Bot
- Replacement Hurricane Hordak (mine's broken)
- Several guns for Rio Blast

In some of those cases, I can get the parts I need cheap, but in a few cases it's cheaper just to buy a replacement figure. I also need a few characters like Dragon Blaster Skeletor, Terror Claws Skeletor, and almost everyone from Wave 6, but all of those are over $100 loose so I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna have to let those go. I can get most of what's on the list above for around $20-50 each, but I don't think I'm inclined to drop $300 on goddamn Mosquitor, y'know?

I also need parts for a few vehicles and a couple replacement playsets, but thankfully most of that stuff remains fairly reasonable. I'm really thrilled with my vintage collection!

....Now if only the MOTU Classics stuff wasn't so damned expensive! I have about a dozen of them so far but I don't know when I can get back into buying more... almost ALL of them start at around $100 and go up from there.

From Mattel's Classics line, so far I've managed to snag:
- Adora
- Battleground Teela
- Dark Despot Skeletor (1987 movie)
- He-Man
- He-Ro II
- Rebel Leader He-Man (1987 movie)
- Serpentine King Hiss
- Skeletor

And from Super7's Filmation/"Club Grayskull" series, I've managed to pick up:
- Prince Adam
- She-Ra
- Ultimate He-Man
- Ultimate Skeletor

That's not a bad start, but I want to at least get more of the basic main characters in either/both lines, like Teela, Evil-Lyn, Man-At-Arms and Beast Man, but they're all SO expensive in either series.

Trying to stay up to date on the new Origins line as well, but I'm "not allowed' to buy any more until after my Birthday next week since my wife most likely got me a couple. I don't want to fall behind!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote