View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 02:03 PM   #30
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
My collection is a mess. I have long boxes by titles, mostly DC, everything Superman, Flash & GL from the 70s through 2011. The main ongoings are by title, with the mini series & one shots & crossovers of other titles (if I wasn't already collecting that title) [like when Flash & GL had the 3 parter with Green Arrow, the GA book is either in the Flash run or GL run]. Then I started reading way too many comics, so they're actually just dropped into boxes as they came out every week. And then to make that worse, I moved a couple times & some stuff is not in order at all. I used to keep the comics in medium priority boxes I had taped up & cut open the tops of so I could just drop the books in... somewhere during the move, some of those got mixed up despite me numbering them... And then they got moved & put into long boxes.... disaster. Lol. I keep my MOTU in its own boxes until the last run of DC books. I keep the TMNT stuff all together on its own. I also try to sort each short box now by title. Once its full, open it up & put everything together by title then drop it back in the box. Or take it out & sell off something I probably won't ever read again... I need to get my collection out of the house, resorted & sell some of it off. I also have a "locals" box for artist/writer stuff that I've met & had signed if it doesn't fit anywhere else. And then a box for trades because I've run out of shelf space for those as I used to buy the stories then also buy the trades to reread them.Then I kinda quit reading DC for a while but picked up the trades of the Flash Rebirth stuff so I could catch up.

I used to keep a spreadsheet of my collection as well but the computer that was on crashed so I tried to update the "backup" version but realized I hadn't backed it up in a while and made a mess. I got the newer file backed up & copied & pasted the new portion into it but then both those computers died, so I went Old School notebook... but I made a mess out of that too so I just quit recording what I was buying. I have a ton of stuff thats just bagged, a ton of stuff thats bagged & boarded with whatever used bags/boards I had and then sadly, a ton of stuff that has neither bags or boards & are probably ruined... maybe some day I'll get it all out & reorganized & figure out just what I own... And I'll find my 1st Harley Quinn... lol. I had that and the first Batgirl in Detective, which I had for all of a week when I found out about the tumor in my head so I sold it.... that sucked.
I just started a spreadsheet over the summer when I went through and organized 11 boxes worth of comics. I lost interest in IDW's TMNT title and I lost Batgirl both started in 2011 while the longest pulled title Green Lantern since Hal returned in Green Lantern : Rebirth#1 went without Hal Jordan in its latest iteration of the main title so I did not continue. That being said I have hit the back issue bin hard to occupy my lack of enthusiasm. I have 3 situations where titles I do not collect are woven into such as I don't collect New Teen Titans volume two so A Lonely Place of Dying is fit where it belongs in the Batman title. Same with the JSA title that was running at the time when it crossed over with the 2006-2011 Justice League book. Also, Gorilla Warfare and the Return of Barry Allen crossed over between Green Lantern volume 3 and Flash volume two. I have the three Green Lantern issues that pertain to the Flash volume two storylines. I don't collect a run of Wally West's Flash volume, but I do have over 40 issues. I guess you could say I have a 'best of Flash III (Wally West) run.

I have most of my collection problems figured out, but could use some figuring out related to the above.

Also, I collect specific arcs of Legends of The Dark Knight and Batman Confidential not entire series so I put those in my Batman-related ongoings box with sets of Batman and The Outsiders volume one, Batman Adventures, Batman & Robin Adventures, Batman & Robin (2009-2011), Batman '66.