View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 10:48 AM   #140
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
TLR: I dont think Disney would sell Doug and I don't think Viacom would buy doug even if they Disney was willing.

I read an article of when the sale of Doug happened all those years ago from the LA times. According to the article Disney had big plans for doug as if they had robbed nickelodeon blind from their biggest IP, their Doug show was even renamed Disney's Doug. I don't see them selling it, to them it's just more content they have on Disney+ from an IP that invokes nostalgia for free even if they will likely never do anything with the character again, the possibility that someone else could is enough for them to keep it to rot in their vault forever.

Agree 100%, I love the TMNT and garfield but thats not what I think of when I think of Nickelodeon. I'd rather have the yellow frog from Gullah Gullah Islan, hell even characters I hated like Rocky and Bullwinkle since they aired constantly on Nick.
Yeah but did anyone really like Disney's Doug? I don't think many will bother watching it on Disney+.

It's so weird how we don't have Fairlyodd Parents or Jimmy Nuetron reps given how popular they were. XJ9 from My Life as a Teenage Robot is also a missed opportunity since she's an action hero.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote