View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 08:35 AM   #31
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The way Mirage works, Bebop and Rocksteady would have been killed in their first appearance. Villains don't last long in Mirage.

I mean this is mirage, not a kids cartoon so there's nothing keeping Raph from stabbing them.
Oh definitely! But, plenty of iconic TMNT villains are "one and done" in Mirage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB
They'd be fundamentally different characters. They couldn't ever have been humans, they'd be a normal rhino and warthog that were exposed to the ooze at some point at the same time as the Turtles were 15 years before issue #1... which is highly unlikely. What, did another canister bounce out of that truck and go into the zoo? It's dumb.
Or they'd have different origins all together, if they even bothered to give them origins at all. They probably would be like Chote, where they just don't explain where they come from. They didn't like extra mutants, but they had no problem with anthropomorhic animals existing for no reason.

Anyway, I think it's pretty clear that they really wouldn't fit in the main Mirage comic (I think an argument can be made for the RPG though), but isn't it fun to speculate about how bizarrely different they'd have to be to make them fit (and to wonder what E&L had in mind with those designs)?
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote