Thread: Ljn
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
Prowler
Emperor

Ljn

That's right. THAT company. bet you all know this rainbow. LJN were primarily a toy company that was mostly notorious for their WWF action figures, but then Akklaim acquired it and turned it into a video game company as well, although LJN only published games. They did not develop them. Most of the time their games were developed by other companies such as Akklaim and Rare.

People who grew up in the 8-bit and 16-bit video game eras are likely to have played an LJN or two at least. When we're kids, we don't know the golden rule yet about games being based on popular movie, cartoon and comic licenses usually being mediocre or just flat out bad. And as we all know by now, most games bearing the rainbow weren't particularly good.

I only grew up with one LJN game. Crash Dummies for the Super Nintendo. It's generally considered a mediocre game, but I recall liking it and my brother beating it. I had a few Crash Dummies toys as a kid and liked their concept. So maybe that played into it.

LJN's legacy in the video game industry has never been the best one, but obviously AVGN has only further damaged their reputation, and it's mostly a running gag. Doesn't seem fair to call it the worst company ever.

What is your experience with LJN games?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote