View Single Post
Old 11-24-2020, 02:12 AM   #90
Leo656
The Franchise

Over the last month or so I picked up a few more vintage Mattel figures, but I hadn't gotten around to cleaning them up or taking pictures. So I finally did that. Getting down to the wire on the ones I need, now, and only missing a few more accessories, too. The stuff I don't have is pretty much the stuff I simply can't afford, give or take a Gwildor or whatever.

Vintage Mekaneck with club. I only needed the club and the armor BUT as is often the case it was just cheaper to buy a whole new figure.

EDIT: I forgot that I already posted this guy a while ago.

Sy-Klone with Shield. Another one I've had since I was about two, but I lost his chest hologram (and his shield) almost immediately, somehow. Again, cheaper to by a whole new replacement figure.

Vintage King Hiss. Mine actually stands up much better than this guy does, and I had most of his armor minus just the right arm piece and shield. Apparently EVERYONE lost the right arm cover, so you guessed it, easier to buy a whole new one.

Vintage Trap Jaw. Needed the belt, hook, and claw; you can guess the story by now. My original is in better shape, particularly he still has the little loop on his helmet intact. But this one didn't set me back too much all things considered.

Finally, vintage Teela with full armor and weapons. One of the few I never had as a kid. Finding one without the tab on the back of her armor broken was a pain in the ass, and I almost accidentally clicked on a few other ones that looked pretty fine until I took a closer look at the seller's pictures. Always zoom in! Anyways, she's in GREAT shape.

I don't know if I'll ever have a "complete" collection - for one thing, Eternia, Tytus and Megator are probably out of my grasp forever - but I'm getting super close to having all the main figures, at least!

Figure-wise, I only need:
Stratos w/Blue Wings
Modulok (have one, lost half the parts)
Rokkon (have a broken one)
Dragon Blaster Skeletor
Hurricane Hordak (ALL the limbs on mine fell apart)
Multi-Bot (lost half his parts, same as Modulok)
Dragstor
Horde Trooper
Terror Claws Skeletor
Blast-Attack
Clamp Champ
Buzz-Saw Hordak
Mosquitor
Ninjor
Rotar
Scare Glow
Snake Face
SSSqueeze
Twistoid
Blade
Gwildor

Of those, I will probably only be able to pick up Gwildor, Dragstor, Rokkon, Modulok, and the Stratos variant anytime soon. They're all pretty reasonable, but the rest of the ones I'm missing generally START at around $100 loose and go up from there (sometimes WAY up from there, like Scare Glow). Although in some cases, they're easier to find without weapons and/or some of the tiny accessories, and 3D-printed reproductions of those parts are very prevalent now, so I might be able to "cheat" a little bit just to get the damn figures I need once and for all. I would LOVE to at the very least have a complete character collection.

Weapons/Accessories I need:
- He-Man's Shield
- Ram Man's Ax
- Buzz Off's Helmet & Ax
- Battle Armor He-Man's Sword & Ax
- Kobra Khan's Gun
- Orko's Ripcord & Magic Trick pieces
- Grizzlor's Crossbow
- Thunder Punch He-Man's Shield
- Leech's Crossbow
- Modulok's Gun
- Moss Man's Mace
- Roboto's Ax & Claw
- Rokkon's Blaster
- Spikor's Mace
- Stonedar's Blaster
- Two-Bad's Shield
- Extendar's Shield
- Flying Fists He-Man's Shield & Red Clip
- Multi-Bot's Gun
- Rio Blast's Chest & Leg Guns
- Snout Spout's Ax
- King Randor's Cape

...Along with several of the Grayskull and Weapons Pack items. I HAD all of that stuff, but across multiple toy boxes and several moves, little by little they vanished. Thankfully, most of them are very easy to find cheap, and the more difficult ones people make cheap repro's of, anyway. Believe it or not, the hardest thing to find so far has been Randor's cape. I can't even find a reproduction of it, I might need to either make one or try and find a similar style blue cape for another action figure and put it on him. Anyways, now that I have most of the figures that I can actually afford, Phase Two is going to be about replacing all those weapons bit-by-bit.

I also need a few beasts, playsets and vehicles, but right now I'm mostly focusing on just getting my figures in top shape, and going from there. Thankfully, much of that stuff is still pretty reasonable as well.

Whew! Gettin' there!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Leo656; 11-24-2020 at 02:45 AM.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote