View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 01:54 AM   #202
Leo656
The Franchise

Finally got around to finishing up restoring my WWF LJN "Rowdy" Roddy Piper.

The sealant wasn't dry yet when I took this picture but I'm going to bed. It'll probably look better by tomorrow. I had to buy a decal for his shirt and my finger slipped a little when applying it, but it's no big deal, in person you can hardly tell. They also sent me a whole sheet of extras so I'll definitely be getting more Piper figures to mess with, anyway.

The original figure came with a kilt that almost everyone lost immediately, and finding one with the kilt is stupid expensive. They also made it way too long and I never liked how it looked, anyway. So I just got some plaid fabric and made my own at a more reasonable length. They also molded the belt onto the figure itself, which was an odd choice, especially since the kilt that came with the figure was so long that it would cover the belt to the point where it wasn't visible anyway. Because of the figure's hip positioning, there really wasn't any way to get the kilt to sit properly underneath the molded belt, so I took some faux leather fabric and made a more proper-looking belt out of that. Overall, I think it looks pretty good.

When I have some spare cash I plan to pick up one or two more of him at the flea market. They next one will most likely turn out a lot better, especially if I find one without so many nicks and dings in the rubber. Also, for this one I just wanted to restore it to the original factory colors (red trunks, knee pads and boots) but Piper more often wore blue trunks and pads and either brown or black boots, so the next one I do I plan to paint in his proper attire. This one was more or less "practice".

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote