View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 07:56 PM   #2271
Leo656
The Franchise

Thanks man.

Wrestling figures are definitely my largest collection by far. I haven't done a full inventory in a long time but I have TONS. There's millions more I'm missing - the Jakks WWF/WWE line from 1996-2010 and Mattel WWE line from 2010-Now are f*cking impossibly HUGE and it is literally impossible for anyone but a millionaire to own EVERY figure they put out from those two because they did/do a hundred variants of each character, over hundreds of characters, totaling THOUSANDS of figures per line - but I have a LOT.

I mean, from what Exists and what I Own, there's...

WWF LJN (1985 - 1989): I have about half of these, maybe a little less. Not a HUGE line but the last two waves go for hundreds of dollars each, so this is a tough one to complete.

AWA Remco (1985 - 1987): Only have a few, these are tough to find. Again, the last one or two waves are INSANE.

WWF Hasbro (1990 - 1994): I have about 2/3s to 3/4 of the entire line. All but the final wave are common, but those last few are $500+-each figures.

WCW Galoob (1990 - 1991): I have the entire Series 1, but none of Series 2; Series 2 only came out in Europe and they're like hundreds of dollars per figure even loose, so I don't think I'll ever own them. They're awesome but I'd have to get lucky.

WWF/WWE Jakks (1996 - 2010): My largest collection by far, I have a couple hundred altogether but that's nowhere NEAR as many as they did. The line changed style and scale a whole bunch of times during their near-15 year run, so there's a ton of "sub-lines", some of which are much better than others. The bulk of what I own is the more-articulated "Ruthless Aggression" scale that they produced from 2003-onward, and their "Classic Superstars" line which shared that style. But there was also so many sub-lines - the "Bone Crunching Action" style they started out with in '96, the later BCAs from 2002 that were bigger, the two different "Titan Tron Live" series, the "RealScan" and R3 lines... SO much to collect altogether, it's overwhelming. So I mostly just focus on the "RA" figures, but I pick up a few of the others when I find them cheap. Even some of the 1996-era figures are cheap just because they were so over-produced. But will I ever own All or even Most of the Jakks WWF stuff? No, I will not. It's just not even possible. I do hope to one day own one of each character in each different series, though, that seems doable.

WCW OSFTM (1995 - 1999): Not counting variants, I'm getting VERY close to owning all the individual characters in this series, finally. I picked up a few more today, it's getting down to just the really expensive ones. They had four sub-lines - "Big Rubber Statue" style, "Vibrating" figures, "Power Move" and 4.5-inch "Poseable" figures - and not a ton of figures in each line. This is, by far, the easiest wrestling figure line to collect to completion, simply because there aren't a TON of figures and they're all pretty easy to find at decent prices.

WCW Toy Biz (1999 - 2001): This is the second-easiest line of wrestling figures to collect, because they didn't do a ton of variants even though they did release a decent number of figures. I have ALL the characters except for Michael Buffer (yes, THAT Michael buffer ) who came in a three-pack. Once I get that, I'll consider that collection "Complete" since I really don't care much about repaint variants.

ECW OSFTM (1999 - 2000): I only have a few. Much better than the WCW line, but they've gotten tough to find in recent years so while it's a small line it's tough to collect right now. The ring with cage is ridiculously priced.

TNA Toy Biz (2003 - 2007): I missed most of these, but I have a few. They're almost exactly like the WCW line from the same company, and they even re-used some of the molds (it works, though). The distribution sucked so some of these are expensive, but I hope to get them all one day. Not a huge line, so it's possible.

TNA Jakks (2010 - 2014): I have maybe 20 of these out of maybe around... I forget, 70 or 80 figures they produced? Again, distribution sucked for these so they were "rare" as soon as they came out and only go up in price. BUT, if I go "one of each character" and only a few variants, I might own all of those one day.

WWE Mattel (2010 - Now): Ooof. Like Jakks, they put out SO many goddamn figures that it's impossible to own them all, or even most of them. I love them, it's just... there's SO much, and I'm so far behind on other lines that I never made these a focus, yet. I have, like, a dozen or so... mostly a bunch of Hulk Hogans and a couple other characters I really like. But this and the ECW and TNA lines are by far my smallest collection of wrestling figures, with only a handful of each. I'd LIKE to own more, but I'm trying to fill in the "smaller ponds" first before jumping into the Big Oceans.

I'd go so far as to say that there's probably more wrestling figures out there in the world than anything else. No other line of toys does as many characters and variants, for one thing, not even Star Wars or G.I. Joe, and with the way the brands and licenses switch around so much (or used to), it can be very overwhelming. Figurerealm.com doesn't even TRY to have comprehensive checklists for the Jakks and Mattel WWF/WWE lines, at best focusing on the sub-lines.

Altogether, I have hundreds and hundreds of wrestling figures. But I have a LONG way to go until that particular journey is complete. Next time I do inventory I'll put some of it up; I did one a few years ago BUT then I bought a couple hundred more figures since then.

Once the OSFTM WCW line is "done", I might start trying to track down more of either the Toy Biz TNA or OSFTM ECW figures, depending. At least I'll never be "done" with collecting wrestling figures. There's so much out there that being "done" is just not possible, unless I completely stop caring one day which is unlikely.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote