View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #2005
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Toys R Us has insane prices on the Mirage Comics Turtles. The 399 piece rooftop set is $3! THREE DOLLARS! I just bought the whole line for less than $20 shipped. I would've bought 2 of the Second Time Around set to complete the building, but it was 1 per customer.

https://www.toysrus.com/search?q=meg...+ninja+turtles
I didn't know it was that cheap online too, thanks. I wouldn't have made the 2-hour round trip to the actual store for this given I already have multiple of each of these... But with a couple of button clicks you bet I'll take another set.

Wonder if the "1 per customer" will fail on me after I purchased the set once already immediately post-SDCC-2016 on the TRU site. The BOGO 40% off isn't quite working optimally, it took the 40% off 3 of the single figs instead of giving one of the discounts to the 2nd time around set. I WANT MY 40 CENTS BACK! Lulz.

Worth every penny even at full price. Such a shame they are having to dump these, I dunno why more people weren't on board for those sets. So cool they're in black and white IMO, maybe that turned casual buyers off. Also it was ridiculous how long after SDCC people were still paying ridiculous prices for them on eBay just because they had SDCC in the title, even though they were on shelves everywhere at TRU...and to my knowledge there is literally ZERO difference between the packaging/product from either channel.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote