View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #35
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Why not? Or at least PM the cast, please.
It's a critique, I don't want anybody to be offended by anything PL said, plus as it was a private e-mail conversation I don't think it's fair for me to post it publicly. I'll PM the cast of course, but please don't share it.

I can sum up the points for those interested. He was humbled by our work and thought the cast did a great job with the voices. He said they were very appropriate for the characters.

Most of his e-mail, however, was critiques about the lack of motion in the comic. I'm not sure where he got that we were pitching this as a motion comic, I must have called it that when I first told him about the project a little after we started production, before I saw the final product. It's more appropriately a "voice comic", but he was concerned that I had called it that yet there wasn't any real motion. He also mentioned critiques about the cutting off of certain text bubbles (I only noticed one while re-watching), and the general deviation from the script. I explained to him in my reply that we were using the PBBZ text, but not everybody got the memo. He also thought it needed more sound effects.

He closed with this: "I do appreciate the work that went into this, and I commend those who participated."

Last edited by Donnie; 09-13-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote