View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 06:08 PM   #1511
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Considering some women are AFRAID to stand up against movies like this. or are Afraid to dislike movies like Black Panther because people will thinkthey are this or that and all these other things.. I make it a point to say thank you for being b rave enough to say the truth.

The more people do, maybe the more hollywood will realize their 'fake feminism' message isn't selling and it's driving people away. If they really care about the bottom line, they'll get back to what works and leave their preaching at the door. But somehow I doubt it.

Even The Flash isn't safe from this nonsense. I had a back log of episodes from October to watch, and the first one was that stupid femenism episode. they actually SAID 'Hashtag Feminism' like they where hoping it'd get trending on twitter. take that crap out of the episode and it would have been pretty cool.

sigh.
Well, I've seen plenty of women Youtubers loudly criticise this movie, along with many Black Youtubers unabashedly calling Finn a 'Step-n-Fetchit' character. So I don't think the fear is there. I think it's more like people quietly turning away from Star Wars, and not bothering to voice their opinion, or the fact that Kathleen Kennedy and Daisy Ridley like to call people sexist for not liking the (very badly written) women characters.

It also doesn't help that this movie has it's legion of rabid fans, and they won't hesitate to tell you how you aren't 'getting it' somehow and that you need to watch it more to get a second opinion. No matter that China dropped it early on, and that Rotten Tomatoes showed an abysmal rating from anyone who wasn't a paid movie critic.

So people barely bother, and I don't blame them. The producers are in la la land and few critics want to be hounded by rabid fans. Youtubers don't mind the negativity, but then they are used to clearing out reams of butthurt from their comment section.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote