View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 10:19 PM   #36
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Well I haven't heard of any burning, and children's books that are purely for entertainment aren't exactly a great loss to the world if they go out of print (which is basically what this "banning" comes down to since most copies still out there will continue to exist), and the majority are lesser known titles... so I guess that's why adults aren't all that outraged.

Now... if they were banning my One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, the first book I recall being able to read by myself... that might be a bit more personal. lol

Also, when I went to edit, why did I get hit with odd screen with a spinning... uh, vaguely pinwheel shape?... that was supposedly a captcha thing, but did nothing before finally reloading the page.

Lol this is exactly my thoughts too. I saw a lot of outrage on FB, mostly from people who didn't even bother to find out about the fact that it was his own family that decided to end publication of those books. They aren't banned so much as just going out of print. Funny how no one ever complains when other books go out of print, but just when there is racially insensitive content.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote