View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 09:05 PM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Next thing you're telling me we share the same exact birthday. Mine is on November 15. Is that yours as well?

Well, I wasn't really doing any of those things as a teenager. I was more of a late bloomer. I definitely felt different from 16-17 to 18. I became a metalhead around 17-18 and also suddenly became a bit more outgoing and less "geeky looking".

Well ageing can be a bit scary. Not just in the health department but also in the professional career aspect as well. Let's not forget you and I were turning 17-18 around the time the bubble burst. We were unlucky in that aspect compared to other generations.

Yes, that phenomenon is well known. Although a 50 year old woman told me once she remembers very well being around my age as if it was yesterday and also told me I was gonna reach 50 sooner than I expected. Welp.
24th for me. Alas, we don't share an astrological sign.

I was an early bloomer, really. I got into heavy music at 10, was in a gang by 13, drugs the next year, sex following that. I got all the crazy sh*t out of my system already by the time I was 21. IMO it's better to do all that wild stuff in your teens rather than the college years. I'm glad it went that way for me, if it had to at all. It's a lot harder to bounce back from when you've gotta juggle a job, living on your own, & whatever other adult stuff that can come with the territory of 21+.

Yeah, making a living is a whole 'nother conversation. I've been lucky to see money from some of my creative endeavors, but as life becomes more expensive, I'm finding it a far less reliable source of income. Bills are bullsh*t city. Depending on what kind of person you are, the only difference between 15 & 25 may be that you now owe hundreds to thousands of dollars a month to various companies. That's the real bitch of it, feeling like a kid but having the responsibilities of an adult...

& that 50 year old woman was speaking the truth, I'm sure. 2005 through 2007 were some of my most fun years, over a decade ago now yet it feels like it was just around the corner. & franchises I love being so old now really put things in perspective too. Pokemon is 20 years old! Gosh.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote