View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Warner Brothers pushing all 2021 movies to HBO Max and Theaters Same day in 2021

Huge news out of Warner Bros. today. Following the announcement that the highly anticipated Wonder Woman 1984 will be released on HBO Max on Christmas Day for a limited one-month engagement on the streaming service (in addition to a concurrent theatrical release where theaters are open), the studio announced today that all of its 2021 films will follow this same release model.

Yes indeed, movies like Dune, Matrix 4, and Godzilla vs. Kong will be released theatrically worldwide, but concurrent with the domestic theatrical release the movies will also be streaming exclusively on HBO Max for one month. After that one month period is over, the film will depart HBO Max and continue to be available in theaters worldwide, at which time it will follow all customary distribution windows applying to the title – which means after it leaves HBO Max, it will later still have a full Digital HD and Blu-ray/DVD release before eventually returning to the streamer.

The 2021 Warner Bros. films that are expected to be released next year – and that are expected to follow this “on HBO Max and in theaters at the same time” model – include:

The Little Things
Judas and the Black Messiah
Tom & Jerry
Godzilla vs. Kong
Mortal Kombat
Those Who Wish Me Dead
The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
In the Heights
Space Jam: A New Legacy
The Suicide Squad
Reminiscence
Malignant
Dune
The Many Saints of Newark
King Richard
Cry Macho
Matrix 4
All films will be available in 4K Ultra HD and HDR on HBO Max.

This hybrid model was created as a strategic response to the impact of the ongoing global pandemic.

https://collider.com/dune-matrix-4-h...r-bros-movies/