View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #45
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I don't see it so much that 69.99 is the standard, just that they are embracing pricing tiers more broadly than before. Some games will be 59.99, some 69.99, heck some will be 49.99 and 39.99 and below. Last gen, they were afraid to go to 69.99 and instead relied on other methods to boost the price, like DLC, season passes, whatever. That's still happening of course, but by allowing different standard prices of entry, some times will hopefully rely on that less.

You can still get great deals. I just got AC: Valhalla PS5 version (not the PS4 upgrade version) at Target for $34.60 shipped with their current promo. Standard version, but it's still full of content. if I like it enough, i can buy the season pass later.

All I'm trying to say is, some games going to 69.99 isn't going to have that huge an impact on what most people spend over the course of a console generation. Look for deals, be patient, don't buy every game brand new right out of the gate except for that 1 or 2 a year that you absolutely need on day 1.

Oh yeah, and then there's the fact that Nintendo is sticking to 59.99, at least for the time being. I probably buy more full-priced games on their platform than anywhere else.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote