View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 03:51 AM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

When it comes to voice acting, I always do prefer the originals, but I am fine with new takes on the same character as long as they are done well. For example, the Shredder's voice in the 1987 show does change a lot despite James Avery's performance being so iconic.

The replacement Shredder's in the cartoon are all pretty good and have their unique take on him, like how Shredder's voice in Red Sky is much more vicious and vengeful which is fitting since those seasons adopt a more serious tone. So ya, originals are always the best for the sake of consistency and having an established voice, but having other voice actors isn't the end of the world and might even bring something new and worthwhile to that character.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote