Thread: New CGI movie
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 12:59 PM   #1208
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987 View Post
just how woke do you think this movie will be?

can they still say “master” splinter or is that too racist? will april be black? will april be non-binary? will the turtles be non-binary? will one of the turtles come out as “gay”? will the turtles do the BLM kneel? the BLM fist in the air? will the turtles stand with ukraine?
  1. Probably not very woke, the concept art just implies turtles fighting mutants/aliens.
  2. Master is only racist when we're talking about race based slavery.
  3. April being black is quite possible.
  4. I doubt she'll be non-binary.
  5. I doubt one the turtles will be gay, I don't even think they will try to establish love interests.
  6. I doubt this movie will have anything to do with BLM.
  7. The Russo-Ukrainian war started after this movie began production, so it is the least likely to be in this movie, not that everything here wasn't far fetched to begin with. And I don't want to derail this, but it is troubling to me that there are people who consider the war to be trivial and/or that it's "woke" to be opposed to a dictatorship trying to annex a sovereign nation through warfare. I mostly see this attitude from Americans and I understand that to Americans politics mostly amounts to an idiotic game of pointless polarisation of bullshit topics, but you have to learn when something is actually worth taking seriously. This war is forcing several european countries to re-arm and my own country may drastically change it's stance on neutrality because of this. It is not trivial like some nonsense about abortion or the usual crap Americans pretend to care about because they are bored.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote