View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 06:15 PM   #25
Leo656
The Franchise

We'll see.

Full disclosure, I'm partly re-using an old strategy that worked in the past pretty consistently. If I want something that seems highly unlikely, once I give up all hope and become firmly entrenched in the idea that it will never, ever happen... THAT is when it finally happens, just to spite me and gift me all at the same time. As I've said many times, "The biggest piece of evidence I have that there might be a God, is that SOMEone is definitely f*cking with me on a cosmic scale."

So yeah, you guys should be supportive in my pessimism because the more certain I am that this game will never get made, the more likely it is that it actually WILL, eventually. I know it seems counterintuitive but I'm asking you to trust me.

Once upon a time I said "Man, it sucks that Ghostbusters is dead and they never got a good game, or like, how cool would it be if they made one Now? Too bad it's hopeless." And then like not even a week later, they announced it was in development. Or a few years ago I was saying to my wife, "Man, He-Man was so important to me, and it sucks that it's dead forever." And THEN they suddenly started pumping out a bunch of new stuff, most of it incredible.

You can all thank me for the Arkham series, as well, because I said the same sh*t about Batman games once upon a time, too. "They'll never make a good one, let alone a great one." And look where we are now. You're welcome! And let's not forget the Snyder Cut! That was all me and my "Sh*t"s never gonna happen" attitude, too! If I hadn't abandoned all hope, they'd never have finished it.

Some people say, "Never give up hope, good things will happen if you believe." Doesn't work for me, Brother! Why, I don't know. I only, ONLY ever get the good things I want AFTER I've completely lost all hope in them coming true. I cannot explain why this is.

But it's a very consistent strategy, and so far it works about 95% of the time so I'm certainly not gonna abandon it Now, I'd be an idiot.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote